The UC Learning Center is a learning management system used throughout the UC system. A Learning Management System (LMS) is a software package that provides management and tracking of learning activities to a variety of learners. The web-based access facilitates "anytime, any place, any pace" access to training content and administration. While the central LMS database is the same, each location is able to configure the site in a manner that reflects the needs and culture of the campus or lab.
The UC Learning Center replaced previous training registration systems including the Education & Development Online Enrollment system and Environmental Health & Safety system. Historical training data from those systems were moved over to the UC Learning Center.
Benefits of using an LMS
- Provide one system for managing learning activities for faculty, staff, affiliates, and students (student employees and those students who need to complete learning activities outside of college programs)
- Provide one system to identify and assign comprehensive training requirements
- Minimize duplication of training management processes
- Provide a consistent platform to develop and provide online courses
- Provide comprehensive training reports on required and professional development activities
- Generate automated notification of assigned activities, upcoming classes, or retraining reminders
LMS Users Group
The campus has formed an LMS Users Group which meets quarterly and includes trainers, course developers, administrative professionals involved in compliance, and others with roles related to delivering learning and development content to the campus. If you would like to be added to the mailing list for this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or assistance with the UC Learning Center, email email@example.com.