Tour the navigation options and menus.
Quickly view current, upcoming, incomplete assigned activities, launch a current eCourse, or cancel registration. Completed activities will drop off the timeline.
||Displays all training information. This view can also list critical training activities or activities with an expiration date if configured by the administrator.
||Displays a list of assigned training activities including Required and Recommended activities.
Displays a list of all the critical training that a learner needs to take, such as:
- The learner's registered training
- The learner's assigned training
- A certification with an expiration date
- A non-certification with an expiration date
The system organizes these items in a sorted list using the "need by" date. The Due Date column lists the need by date on which the learner needs to have completed the critical training.
If the Due Date is in red, bold font, it indicates that a learner has not completed the learning activity by the date in the Due Date column, a certification has expired, or a non-certification with an expiration date has expired.
||Displays a list of current training activities in Registered and In Progress status.
||Displays the certification information including Required and In progress certifications.
||Displays a list of upcoming training activities, either Registered or Assigned.
||Displays overdue training activities.
Tip: Still seeing tasks you just completed on the Timeline? Click Refresh at the top of the tab to update the list.
Browse the Library for Activities
Browse learning activities by category and topic.
Search for Activities
Use advanced filters in the search tool to refine your search.
Required Training or Training Analysis
Review the status of assigned or required learning activities as well as your certification history. See activity due date, last completed date, and expiration dates. You may start or register for assigned activities from this page as well.
If a required activity needs to be retaken on a regular basis, you will see a date in the Expiration Date column. The activity should be retaken by that expiration date to maintain certification in that activity. You will notice that the due date will also update to match this expiration date each time you complete the activity.
TIP: When retaking a previously completed eCourse be sure to choose "Retake" if prompted to record a new completion. If you choose review the system will not record the course launch.
Whether you have searched for a specific learning activity or browsed the library, once you have decided on the activity you wish to enroll in these are the steps you can take to register.
- Locate the activity you wish to register in by using the Library or Searching for the course using the title or a keyword.
- Click the Select drop down arrow and click Register
- Review the dates and time the course is offered. Note the filter options at the top of the list - the default view is set to the next five offerings. Registration Deadlines will be highlighted in orange.
- Click Add to select the offering you wish to attend.
- If available, click Cancellation Policy in the lower left of the slide out menu to review the cancellation deadline and any associated fees.
- Scroll to the bottom right then click Register to finalize your registration. (If there is a fee, see below)
ONLINE COURSES: For an online course, you may or may not need to register first. For online courses (e.g., Topics) that require registration:
- Review the registration activities: Required activities will be pre-selected, others you may need to click Add to select it (e.g., choosing between the English and Spanish version of an online course)
- Click Register in the lower right of the screen.
If there is a fee
After clicking Register, you will be prompted to enter your payment information. Make sure you have a valid FAU before proceeding.
- Select FAU (in all CAPS) from the Pay By drop-down menu
- Click Pay Now
- Enter your FAU and click Submit.
- For alphabetic characters use all CAPITAL LETTERS
- Cost Center and Project Code are optional fields
- Your registration will then be confirmed
Option A - From search results
Option B - From Activity Summary
Registration Blocked message
If there are no current offerings of a classroom-based activity in the system, you will see an error message saying that registration is blocked. Hover your mouse over (or click on) the error messages and warnings to see a drop-down explaining that message.
If there is a classroom-based activity that you are interested in attending, but there are no current offerings you are able to attend, you can express your interest and be notified when new offerings are added to the system. To express interest:
- Navigate to the course and click Register
- Click Express Interest in the lower right
- Leave a brief comment
- Click Ok
To find out when you indicated an interest in any activity, visit the Training Schedule page and click on Expressed Interest along the top. You may cancel your expression of interest from this page by selecting the checkbox to the left of the activity name then clicking Cancel Interest at the top of the list.
You will register for the webinar in the LMS as you do for in-person classes. However, you will ultimately attend via the Zoom application or web browser instance outside of the LMS.
To attend an online webinar offered through the UC Learning Center, take the following steps:
- Log into www.ucrlearning.ucr.edu and register to the webinar as you would any in-person course offering.
- You will receive a registration confirmation email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
NOTE: If the email address listed for you in the LMS is inaccurate, you may also access the email in the LMS by going to Self > Learning > Messages. You may print messages as needed. It can take upwards of 15 minutes for confirmation notices to trigger after completing registration.
- Recommended: Set a calendar appointment for yourself and copy the webinar instructions into your appointment.
- On the Activity Start Date, follow the instructions in the registration confirmation email to join the webinar.
Zoom Resources for Attendees
We recommend downloading and installing the Zoom app; however, it is not required. For application installation and login instructions, visit the ServiceLink Knowledge Base article on Using Zoom for Video Conferencing.
UCR’s Zoom Service Page has helpful resources, including links to customer support and video tutorials. The Zoom Help Center also provides online support on a wide variety of topics.
Popular Zoom Video Tutorials:
If you experience any issues with the login process or have any questions about Zoom, please contact UCR BearHelp at BearHelp@ucr.edu or call 951-827-4848 (IT4U).
Manage Registrations or Training Schedule
Review current, ongoing, upcoming, waiting list, and express interest registrations as well as completed and canceled activities from your training schedule.
There are multiple paths to canceling a registration. Find the one that works best for you.
Launching & Relaunching an eCourse
Return to an eCourse you stepped away from before completing it.
Transcript & Certificates
Download your entire transcript or just the for the last year. Access certificates of completion for individual activities.
The SumTotal mobile app has limited functionality and course availability. We recommend accessing the site via a browser when possible.
You may record learning activities completed outside the UC Learning Center by using the Self-Reported Training tool. To access this tool go to: Self > Learning > Self-Reported Training. Self-Reported Training activities will appear on a separate section of the transcript.
To add a new activity:
- Click New at the top of the list
- Enter an Activity Name
- Select an Activity Type
- Choose a Start Date and an End Date
- Enter a duration and credit hours (if applicable)
- Fill in any remaining properties as needed
- Click OK
To edit an activity:
- Click the pencil icon to the left of the activity name
- Change properties as needed
- Click OK
To delete an activity:
- Check the box to the left of the activity name
- Click Delete at the top of the list
Top of Page