- Make sure you are using a supported web browser and operating system.
- Either disable pop-up blockers or create an exception so that the browser will allow pop-ups from https://uc.sumtotal.host.
- Do not leave eCourses paused for extended periods of time. If you need to step away, exit the course until you can return. Leaving a course paused for too long may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server. Any disruption in internet connectivity while attempting a course can prevent progress from being recorded.
- Exit a course using the Exit link from the course menu when available. If needed, wait for the course to indicate it is okay to close the browser window before doing so. Closing a course window too soon may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Save a screenshot of your quiz results and/or completion confirmation screen.
- Enable & Clear Cookies: You can view this setting in the browser’s security dialog box. Clearing the browser's cookies can often resolve unexpected performance issues. Note, some privacy add-ons block cookies. If you have installed any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars in your browser, especially those designed to protect privacy by blocking cookies, these may interfere with the system's ability to record your progress and/or eCourse functionality. You may want to disable them while attempting to complete online courses or use a browser without such.
- Check Available Browser Support: For help troubleshooting browser settings mentioned above, and more, refer to your browser's support site (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari).
|Recommended Settings by Browser||Recommended Settings for All Browsers|
Under Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings:
Not supported in Compatibility Mode
We currently advise Mac users use Firefox or Chrome. As ITS has noted an increase of issues with Safari particularly around form buttons, rendering, interactive elements etc.
Under Options > Preferences configure the following tabs:
Additional Device Requirements:
- Devices must have a screen resolution of at least 1024x768.
- Tablets are strictly supported in landscape mode.
|Mobile Application & Device Compatibility|
Mobile phone support is restricted to the SumTotal Mobile App only. Mobile web browsers are not supported.
For a demonstration of accessing and using the mobile app, see the Learner Guide. The mobile site URL is https://uc.sumtotal.host.
NOTE: There are limited eCourses available via the mobile app. The app has limited functionality, e.g., registration to in-person courses is not available. We recommend using a desktop or laptop, or a tablet running Windows 10, to access the UC Learning Center.
Campus affiliates and UCR students who are NOT a current or former UCR employee, volunteer, or contingent worker, should use the UC Affiliate Access Tool to push a profile into the system before logging into the UC Learning Center for the first time. See the Access & Roles page for more details. Use the link below to create a profile and then return to this page to log in.
LAB SAFETY: Please note, newly created affiliate profiles will not be able to access lab safety training until the following day, as the nightly data sync will place new users in the appropriate learning track.