Welcome to the UC Learning Center support site!
The UC Learning Center is a web-based learning management system (LMS) used throughout the UC system. An LMS is a software package that provides management and tracking of learning activities to a variety of learners. The web-based access facilitates "anytime, any place, any pace" access to training content and administration.
- Make sure you are using a supported web browser and operating system (see above)
- Internet Explorer v.11 users will need to add https://uc.sumtotal.host as a trusted site under Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Sites>Sites
- If you are using Internet Explorer v.11 or Edge, check for and remove compatibility view settings for sumtotalsystems.com
- Ensure you have either DISABLED pop-up blockers or created an exception so that your browser will allow pop-ups from https://uc.sumtotal.host. (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari)
- Enable Cookies: Each user must have their browser set to enable cookies. You can view this setting in the browser’s security dialog box. Note, some privacy add-ons block cookies.
- Clear your browser's cookies before starting a new eCourse by clearing the history or cache
- Verify Adobe Flash Player is up to date and enabled. If your browser includes an option to list specific or trusted sites for which Flash is allowed, you might add https://uc.sumtotal.host to the list.
Note: If your browser settings for Flash are set to always ask before running, you must then click to play or allow Flash to run in the course by clicking an icon or notice in the browser window. This icon is usually next to the URL field. Certain browsers, regardless of general Flash settings, will always require you to provide explicit permission for Flash to run. Look for an icon to the left or right of the URL field at the top of the browser window.
- Do not leave eCourses paused for extended periods of time. If you need to step away, exit the course until you can return. Leaving a course paused for too long may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Exit a course using the Exit link from the course menu when available. If needed, wait for the course to indicate it is okay to close the browser window before doing so. Closing the window too soon may prevent the course from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Save a screenshot of your quiz results and/or completion confirmation screen.
- Plug-Ins, Extensions, or Toolbars: If you have installed any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars in your browser, especially those designed to protect privacy, these may interfere with the system's ability to record your progress and/or eCourse functionality. You may want to disable them while attempting to complete online courses or use a browser without such.
In general, the UC Learning Center supports the current and the previous two versions of the browsers listed below on systems (desktops, laptops, or tablets) running the operating systems listed below. Devices must have a screen resolution of at least 1024x768.
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1|
|Apple macOS 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13 (earlier versions are not supported)|
|Internet Explorer v111 (earlier versions are not supported)|
|Safari (12.x & 13.x)|
1The LMS does not support Internet Explorer or Edge in Compatibility Mode. Internet Explorer users will need to add https://uc.sumtotal.host as a trusted site under Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Sites>Sites.
|Mobile Application Compatibility|
Mobile support refers to the SumTotal App only. Mobile web browsers are not supported. The SumTotal App is also supported on Windows 10 laptops/tablets, although we recommend using the full browser on such devices.
NOTE: Currently there are limited eCourses available via the mobile app, which has limited functionality. You cannot register to in-person courses via the app. We recommend using a desktop, laptop, or tablet running Windows 10 to access the UC Learning Center.
Additional requirements in all browsers include:
- Pop-Ups allowed
- Cookies enabled
- Adobe Flash Player installed/updated and enabled (Ask first recommended) - consult your browser's support documentation as Flash settings may change from version to version