Welcome to the UC Learning Center support site!
The UC Learning Center is a web-based learning management system (LMS) used throughout the UC system. An LMS is a software package that provides management and tracking of learning activities to a variety of learners. The web-based access facilitates "anytime, any place, any pace" access to training content and administration.
- Make sure you are using a supported web browser and operating system (see next card on Browser Compatibility).
- Ensure you have either DISABLED pop-up blockers or created an exception so that your browser will allow pop-ups from https://uc.sumtotal.host.
- Enable Cookies: Each user must have their browser set to enable cookies. You can view this setting in the browser’s security dialog box. Note, some privacy add-ons/extensions block cookies.
- Clear your browser's cookies before starting a new eCourse by clearing the history or cache.
- Do not leave eCourses paused for extended periods of time. If you need to step away, exit the course until you can return. Leaving a course paused for too long may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Exit a course using the Exit link from the course menu when available. If needed, wait for the course to indicate it is okay to close the browser window before doing so. Closing a course window too soon may prevent it from reporting progress back to the system server.
- Save a screenshot of your quiz results and/or completion confirmation screen.
- Plug-Ins, Extensions, or Toolbars: If you have installed any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars in your browser, especially those designed to protect privacy, these may interfere with the system's ability to record your progress and/or eCourse functionality. You may want to disable them while attempting to complete online courses or use a browser without such.
- Check Available Browser Support: For help troubleshooting browser settings mentioned above, and more, refer to your browser's support site (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE, Safari).
|Supported Browsers — In general, the UC Learning Center supports the CURRENT and the previous TWO versions of the browsers listed below.|
|Microsoft Edge (Chromium 85, Legacy 44.x), not supported in Compatibility Mode.|
|Safari (12.x & 13.x)|
- The UC Learning Center supports operating systems that run the browsers listed above.
- Devices must have a screen resolution of at least 1024x768.
Internet Explorer is not supported by all course vendors so is no longer recommended.
|Mobile Application Compatibility|
Mobile support refers to the SumTotal Mobile App only. Mobile web browsers are not supported. While the SumTotal App is also supported on Windows 10 laptops/tablets, we recommend using the full browser on such devices as the app has limited features and functionality.
For a demonstration of accessing and using the mobile app, see the Learner Guide. The mobile site URL is https://uc.sumtotal.host.
NOTE: Currently there are limited eCourses available via the mobile app, which has limited functionality. You cannot register to in-person courses via the app. We recommend using a desktop or laptop, or a tablet running Windows 10, to access the UC Learning Center.
Additional requirements in all browsers include:
- Pop-Ups allowed
- Cookies enabled